Friday, December 18, 2009

I have had recent engine troubles now muffler is leaking a milk chocolate color liquid from a seal. Help pls.?

I recently replaced the thermostat and the radiator. I know it needs and oil change but I have no idea why it would leak like this. It is coming from the real muffler seal.





Please help! I am broke and trying to fix it myself.





Thank you very much!I have had recent engine troubles now muffler is leaking a milk chocolate color liquid from a seal. Help pls.?
did the car lose all the coolant while you were driving? did the car overheat? did you stop and fill up radiator right away? then you probably cracked the heads or block. this happens when you pour cold water on super hot metal. sorry, but from your description, you need major repairs.I have had recent engine troubles now muffler is leaking a milk chocolate color liquid from a seal. Help pls.?
Check your oil and see if the oil looks the same if it does your head gasket is shot and your leaking water into your oil and its going into the exhaust.
when you say muffler do you mean the exhaust? if so, remove the oil filler cap and check for more of this stuff. also, do you get thick white smoke when you drive? does it overheat? if the answer to these questions is yes, then you prob have a blown head gasket. this is generally expensive to repair at a garage but can be done by yourself provided you have a decent socket set, a good workshop manual, and a few hours of concentration! good luck!!
  • nba
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment