Monday, December 28, 2009

Do cats have color vision? If I fill the blue bowl with water, does the cat think the water is a blue liquid?

We can't tell exactly what a cat sees with it's eyes, but it's thought they do have some perception of colour, althought not as developed as ours.





Cats do not tell what any food or drink is based on sight - they do it by smell. This is why cats are more likey to eat food that is warm, because it is smellier! They won't eat or drink ANYTHING without smelling it first. So she might think the water is blue liquid, but she won't care as long as it smells like water.





ChaliceDo cats have color vision? If I fill the blue bowl with water, does the cat think the water is a blue liquid?
I've heard that cats see color about the way we see colors when we're outside in a field at twilight/dusk--colors turn into various shades of gray but reds stand out for a while longer. Cats' eyes and minds are more attuned to movement, and they can see more clearly when there is not much light (and in exchange they gave up colors). They also have enhanced (compared to humans) smell, hearing, touch and taste through phlemming/flemming. If you fill a blue bowl with water, they will see a grey bowl with water in it. However, my female cat prefers pink toys, I'll give her a green toy and a blue toy and a pink toy (all the same toy, all the same hue) and she always picks the pink one--so go figure. Maybe some cats can see more colors than others? Or maybe certain colors give off some ';thing'; that humans are aware of but cats can sense.Do cats have color vision? If I fill the blue bowl with water, does the cat think the water is a blue liquid?
I'm not sure but my dog will not eat or drink out of the blue bowl and it is brand new,I had to buy a new food bowl a red onw. ask your vet but I think they are just pickey%26gt;LOL good luck
CATS AND DOGS DON'T SEE IN COLOR. F.Y.I
Cats can see specific colors. They can see red, light blue, yellow, and they can also see the color pink.
I don't know for sure, but from watching my cat's I think they do see colors.


Example: I shine a red or green laser light on any surface and my cat will find it. She also prefers red or pink colors (she seems to know that the blue stuff is for her brother).


I don't know if this means that they see the colors the way we do, I just think that they can tell the difference between colors.


As for the water, I don't think a cat would care because they use their sense of smell the most while eating.
Cats have vision with a very limited color spectrum. Red and blue can be distinguished but red and green appear similar. If we can see 100% in color, comparatively they can only see 20%.
cats can see colours
Your best bet would be to ask your Vet.
cats see in black and white.. sad really because they cannot see the lovely combinations of colours that they come in .
my cat loves to play with things that are shinny don't know if it helps.
i think that cats are color blind... wait no... yep... no... im not shure... never mind ya i think that they are color blind. =}

No comments:

Post a Comment